Palo gets called out

jRuutu

depositphotos_12774758-stock-video-a-lit

Vancouver Wolves general manager Beaviss posted the following comment: ´Palo does not run though´ to a blog entry where Rauno Palo, the center for Vancouver Wolves talked about the recent run of Vancouver, from the last ten games the Wolves have won four, so only natural that a team that wants to perform well is not pleased about record like that.

The comment from Beaviss received crying emoji from Rauno Palo right away. It´s believed the relationship between the two is chilly, Rauno Palo and his fitness levels have been questioned lately by the fans and sports journalists around the league, by the looks of it, Beaviss is willing to do whatever it takes to motivate the center to take training more seriously and hopefully get Palo to finally take that one more step.

Rauno Palo gave me a quik comment via phone:

There is no bad blood between me and Beaviss, he is just frustrated about the team not playing on the level we both want, so he is making sure the players are not going to give up and also, it´s true - I have been struggling lately, I don´t know what it is, but I just run out of gas by the time we hit the third period, might be all the weight I carry on my shoulders, doctors did not find anything, so we need to wait and see, for now I´m still playing and working out normally.

hqdefault.jpg

Quite a political answer from Palo there, as you might expect from a captain, but one thing is for sure, going public with anything is usually the last thing you do, so when you think about that we can speculate that the feeling and atmosphere inside the team is hot - as it should be really, everybody wants better and more.

Vancouver is currently sitting in fourth place with 44 points, Helsinki is fifth with 40 and New York the first team who wants into the playoffs is at sixth place with 39 points, so the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is not that big at the moment, gotta start adding more points if Vancouver wants to keep Helsinki behind them and more importantly New York. Lets also not forget that Calgary is at 34 points and Davos at 30, if Vancouver keeps playing like this, the final half could be a real disaster.

Rauno Palo sent me a text after the phone call, he asked me to post it, so here it comes:

Come and watch Vancouver play against Helsinki on Tuesday, we got a couple away games before that, but the Helsinki game is our home game and I will personally make sure everybody in the team is fired up and ready to go, I´m not going to share all the details just yet, but I will perform a motivational dance of some kind that will later be posted on Vancouver Wolves youtube channel IF and WHEN we win, so make sure you are subscribed to our channel, thanks.