Mid-season report. part 1

hedgehog337

bb47618c61895a3d3e6ba72499e123b7.jpg

* :( *

It's been 30+ games since I wrote a report on the season. Now I'm back at it with the mid-season report. All teams played 40 or more games so it's time to highlight some moments since we definitely have a more clear view. 

Seattle and everyone else? 

As of this moment, Seattle is leading the league with 63 points in 40 games. They are 4 points ahead of Toronto and 5 of Riga while having two games in hand. Looks like they are poised to take the Victory Cup one again. Even ''a weird goalie build'' Sterling is having a career season so far. He has all the chances to take both goalie awards, although he has a competition for the Clegane award. 

Toronto vs Riga.

These two are going neck on neck for the #2 spot, they're also going to play next three games against each other. I suppose I don't have to explain how important these games will be for both teams. Also, these two are having a good lead on the next group so there's even better chance Toronto and Riga are going to have a clash against each other in semi finals. 

Wtf, Vancouver?

Last time, I was praising their offense and even was ready to name them a real contender. And while Louth and Davis are still not slowing down. Everyone else aren't helping them much. Especially Palo who just simply can't carry two much lower TPE guys in Weyed and Gritty. The Wolves already were slowing Dragomir down before he went to Seattle. Now I guess it's Rauno's turn. 800+ TPE and still lower less than a point per game - Ruutu definitely wasn't expecting this when he was earning all of these TPE. Is it time for him to leave this team? Also, look at their last 10 record. 2-8! That's the second worst result, only better than Moscow. Not even mentioning Iseult who somehow took a huge nosedive. I mean, he had a regression, but he still has 90+ on an important attributes. Yet, he is performing even worse than Kriketers on his worst days. Anyways, 30+ games left. As I like to tell - everything can happen. And the ex-Quebec still has a time to right their sinking ship. As much as Beaviss can ask a help from STHS pros once again hehe.  

Fight for the wildcard spot.

Now Vancouver has to fight for being in the playoffs with two more teams. The Titans' start was pretty much atrocious due to a backup goalie and messed up lines. However, they started to catching up once Quik got Canmore via trade. Honestly, I was expecting a bit more from this team. I thought they could make their way into the ''Toronto-Riga'' group by this time, but at this moment they have to fight their way into the playoff spot. Another team who is trying to get on Helsinki and Vancouver nerves is New York. They were about to make a breakthrough with acquisition of couple of notable players. Like Twinger and Puigdemont. And while they are definitely playing better than last year, there is no big jump to the big league. I also need to point out that Leph finally cracked the 1+ PPG mark. But I really thought he's going to make a triumphant return after I traded him to the Americans. Well, he is NY's scoring leader at least.  

End of the part one.

6 TPE goes to Kallis

Dragomir improved last season with us and managed to have a career year in points. This season, he already has 76 its in 40 GP. Velevra is an awesome members so it's been exciting to watch him turn around with his time in Seattle. So it makes me more excited that he decided to sign an extension (along with "weird build but #1" goalie Sterling :D )