Nixon Excited to Switch Things Up in WJC

Bonzaijoe

Tonight, as we usually do, we sat it again with our buddy Joe Nixon ahead of this season's World Junior Championship.

Nixon, who stole a bronze medal away from the USA squad for his World team in a great performance in the playoffs, is excited to be joining the USA squad this season. "I wasn't upset last season, Mertz and Stoffiday were really really solid choices for the US GM last year and I took it to them in the competition to show them what they missed out on," Nixon said in an interview today, "No hard feelings. I love being able to represent my country this season, and Team World did great things for me last year. I'm ready to get out and put in some work to bring a medal to the US! I'm here to help stop the drought!"

When asked about the team in front of him, Nixon responded, "These guys are great! They're great players and we're the best the states have to offer. I'm very excited to be playing with them and I have a ton of confidence in their abilities. This is a good team poised for a solid run this year. I believe that for real!"