Nielsen to represent Team World

solas

The World Juniors are a must-watch for many VHL GMs, scouts, and analysts.  All of the VHL and VHLM’s top young players participate, representing their respective countries, regions, and teams.  The tournament originally began in Season 55 and occurred a second time in Season 56, but took a hiatus for a while before returning in Season 62 and beginning to occur on a yearly basis.  The fourth such tournament since the WJC’s revival, the S65 edition, looks to be happening soon as rosters for all five teams have been announced.
One such young player, who will be participating in the tournament for the first time, is Aron Nielsen of the VHLM’s Minnesota Storm.  Nielsen is a prospect declared for the upcoming Season 66 VHL draft, where he appears to be on the border between a late first round and early second round prospect.  Nielsen is from the Faroe Islands, which is part of Denmark, and could’ve been a part of Team Europe had he been selected.  Instead, Nielsen was passed over in favor of players who were more experienced or proven, and instead will be representing Team World — a rather hodge-podge assortment of players, comprised of those from countries not represented by the other four teams as well as those who weren’t selected by their own countries’ teams.  
“I’ll take any opportunity to prove myself,” Nielsen said of his selection.  “I don’t blame Team Europe for not picking me.  I’m just glad to have the opportunity to show my talent and the experience I’ve gained since joining the VHLM.  Hopefully people take notice.”