Czeching In With Mat Tocco

Matmenzinger

This is the Prague post reporting in from the United States once again. Today we find ourselves back with Minnesota Storm forward Mathew Tocco. Tocco is a prospect that will be available in the upcoming VHL and VHLM draft. Quickly climbing the ranking this year he will certainly be a quality pick for almost any team. We're here today to find out his thoughts on the league, the upcoming draft, and the breaking news of another VHL expansion. 

Prague Post: First of all I'd like to congratulate you on your season so far this year. You're putting up pretty good number with very little ice time. So you were traded earlier this season from Philadelphia to Minnesota how has the transition been?

Tocco: Thanks I appreciate that, I hope everyone back home is proud. Well it was a bit rough, I was getting pretty acclimated to everyone there in Philly but you know, I'm glad to be competing for a cup now. On the plus side, things are a little less chaotic here in Minnesota so it feels a bit more like home.

Prague Post: It's good to hear that things are going well for you so far this year, and that the transition to Minnesota is going well. We've been following you closely and have seen very steady growth from you, how do you feel about where you'll be drafted? Any thoughts on who you would like to be drafted by?

Tocco: Yeah as of right now I'm projected to go somewhere in the mid thirties. I'd obviously like to go higher than that, and think I will. I've put a lot of hard work and more hours than I can count into training, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. As for where I'd like to be drafted, I've probably made it pretty clear that I enjoyed playing in Philly, so if I returned there next year I'd be pretty happy. As for the VHL though, there will be a new team in the NightHawks and I think that's the perfect destination for me. I started my VHLM Career on an expansion team so why not start my VHL career on one as well?

Prague Post: Of course we would love to see you go higher in the draft as well. Actually that segways us into our next question for you. What are your thoughts on the VHL adding an expansion team? 

Tocco: Well you know it's interesting, the league was definitely in need of another team, if not more. I thought it would be another North American team personally, not that I'm complaining. They will have a pretty storied GM in Advantage and it would be a honor playing there. Them drafting me would also allow me to be closer to home, so here's hoping.

Prague Post: Well it's good to see you have a positive outlook on everything. We will certainly be following along with the rest of your season and wish you the best. It was an honor talking to you today but unfortunately that's all the time we have for today.

Thank you for choosing the Prague Post, Czechia's number one sports news outlet. We look forward to bringing you more stories to come.