Borwinn Reflects on S63 Draft

Jubo

Julian Borwinn, the 3rd overall selection of the season 63 draft has lived up to his draft position and then some. The now 25 year old had an impressive entrance into the Victory Hockey League putting up an impressive 45 goals, 42 assists and +44 rating in 72 games with the Las Vegas Aces of the VHLM. Borwinn was in the discussion for first overall which eventually went to defender Ryan Kastelic (Riga Reign). When Borwinn was asked to reflect upon the draft he immediately thought of the prospects in consideration for the up and coming season 66 draft;

"I remember draft day like it was yesterday. My mind racing wondering where I would be bringing my services for potentially my entire career. The young up and comers are definitely starting to get the draft day jitters as we move within a few weeks of their big day. Some will be disappointed for falling down the draft board and some will be pleasantly surprised, while many will be happy to play for whoever is willing to give them a shot at the pro level. It really is an exciting time, yet once you are drafted you become anxious to get out there and prove you were worthy of being chosen. Your career moves by quickly, I am realizing this as my third season is already coming to an end. Just get out there and enjoy every minute of being in the spotlight".

As draft day looms in the distant future, rumors suggest this will be one of, if not the deepest drafts the league has ever seen. Stay tuned for all the excitement.