Shackleford On His Potential Draft Destinations

K1NG LINUS

With the draft fast approaching, we have reached out to mid-tier defenseman Rusty Shackleford to get a layman's view on his thoughts on the upcoming draft. The following are a tastefully edited collection of words that he said in this interview:

"In both Tagger and Hedgehog's mock drafts, they had me being selected at 17th and 19th overall respectively. Weirdly, both predictions had me going to the Vancouver Wolves :que:. They only have 3 defensemen right now so I might be able to crack a VHL roster right away, and both mock drafts had a lot of my teammates in Saskatoon going to Vancouver as well which would be pretty cool as I sort of like these dudes. That being said, I don't know a whole lot about Vancouver, other than that riots happen there. Saskatoon has been my first foray into Canada, and I do like it here so far, but it is a bit remote. Being drafted somewhere like Vancouver would be a pretty cool improvement in terms of the night life that I will have available there. 

That being said, I would not mind spending another year in the minors, so it would not be crazy for me to end up at any of the VHL teams. All of them seem to be in pretty major cities, so I would be cool with going to any of them. Just as long as I never have to go to the city of Edmonton."