Last Minute Rambling About the Draft

Thranduil

Welp, there's an hour left before midnight and I haven't submitted for doubles week yet. Here goes.

The draft should bring plenty of surprises and entertainment, this is no ordinary draft after-all. There are almost 50 active players eligible for the draft this season and it will be a very full ordeal. Hunter Hearst Helmsley pushes on in an attempt to become the highest TPE draftee in the history of the league while the clearly deserving Moscow, has a 1 in 3 chance at landing him. Much will be decided by the fate of this lotto. I will admit that I do not at all agree with the way this lottery will be played out. The fact that we have 3 teams all at drastically different skill-levels, all with an equal chance at HHH, seems completely unfair. Moscow is completely out of the race with only 21 points, 54 points out of a playoff spot, while Calgary is also too far gone, though not nearly as far as Moscow. They sit at only 47 points, 28 out of the final spot. For one, I don't feel that there is a comparison between these teams. Calgary is a relatively established franchise, who are already on the upswing and do not desperately need the 1st overall pick, even though it would still boost them into beyond contention. But the thing that really annoys me here is how Vancouver has equal odds to the other two teams. They are only 4 points out of a playoff spot, 50 ahead of Moscow and still have equal chance. This clearly needs to change. It just isn't fair for this team to have the same shot at winning as Moscow does. Honestly boys, figure this out.

I know, low quality article. Last minute, no time.