Davos misses playoffs

Bayley

At the end of the season, it was a 2 game losing streak that came to do the HC Davos Dynamo in. They definitely overcame a lot this season as this team was a team that was 16-50 only one season ago for 38 points. They improved to a record of 35-32 for 75 points. 1 point out of the playoffs. The two losses to Toronto at the end of the season did them in, two games in which Cole Mertz started in the net over starter Finn Davison. 

We did catch up to Finn, this is what he had to say. 

"It was the coach's decision to start Cole over me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't tired. It was a long season. I went from playing 34 games in my rookie season to 65 in the next season. I mean, I don't think I was ready for that. My endurance is not where it needed to be, yeah, I was tired. But, you bet that I would be ready in case I was called. The coach made the decision, I am not going to second guess it, he has that position for a reason. I trust coach, I really like coach. This season, it was something we will come back and be stronger."

Finn Davison was 31-29-5 this season with a .909 Save percentage and 2.91 GAA with 3 shutouts. His Save percentage went down, but everything else went up. What a second year for the goalie that will look to build on that for future.