Who Let the Hounds out?

aleks

706915251_Asset63x.png.4a43761cab4493974

"the biggest surprise I'd say," General Manager Jerry Garcia started, "Would be the city of Mississauga itself. The city is huge, plenty of memorable places. It's really amazing because its so bustling, and everyone's welcoming us with open arms so far. It's just really good to see, so I'm gonna try my best to win these guys a cup in the first year. I'd say I've got a nice plan to get there."

"It's kinda like a soapstone slab or something," Beau Buefordsson, the recently hired Assistant General Manager stated, "Garcia and I are looking to make a sculpture out of it. We've started hiring staff of all sorts, we've got some of the best coaches available, we have incredibly talented therapists, strength and conditioning coaches. The Board has really let us have free reign with building this team and we are definitely gonna make use of every single bit of it."

Image result for cn tower

It's not as though Garcia is taking over an already existing team with its infrastructure in place. Starting from scratch simply makes it so that even the most mundane details within the smallest subjects must be correct to set the standard for years to come. When other general managers take over other teams, they are able to make do with everything thats already in place, press conferences, prospects, training, coaches. Those general managers might opt to bring in their own staff every now and then, but for the most part, the foundation has already been laid. 

"It's incredibly time consuming," Garcia said, "Incredibly time consuming. But we're adding pieces here and there, we're getting to the level of the other teams. Season hasn't started yet, and the draft is still a week or two away, but we've already sent out our recently hired scouts and they're unearthing real good players."

Within a few weeks, Mississauga, along with San Diego and Mexico City, will make their selections in the upcoming draft, where the new blood of the organization will decide on its success for the next few years. They'll continue to sign free agents in the summer, hole their first training camp, play their pre-season games, release their final rosters, and start the season, debuting in their first regular season game. 

We were able to catch up with General Manager Pepper, who is currently leading the Houston Bulls in their inaugural season for some words of advice for Mississauga:

"I worked with Garcia over in Houston. Great guy, and I think the league and the Board of Directors did a good job with hiring him for the job. I made sure to call him the night of the announcement the same day that I knew he'd be at the helm and he assured me that we would be rivals for the coming years. Made sure that I gave him every piece of advice I could, you know. Told him that the draft was very important for establishing rapport with the fans and whatnot. Told him that relationships between the players and management is incredibly important, and to be there for every step of development for them."