Hackett On Where He Wants to Go: "Keep me for most of my career."

Renomitsu

Saskatoon, SK – The draft is fast approaching, and with dispersal, expansion, and entry drafts fast approaching, it’s difficult to keep track of exactly what journalists are asking about.

“Well, let me tell you one thing, yeah? I don’t need to win the championship next season,” Apollo Hackett was quoted saying in a recent presser, “There’s a time and a place for everything. I think I need a little more time in the minors, personally.”

A few different prospects, on the cusp of being VHL-competitive, have emerged with similar sentiments – and with Shane Mars and Hunter Hearst Helmsley as the clear blue-chip players since early in the season, it’s not surprising. Few players are quite as polished as the top two picks in the draft.

“Where do I want to go? Well, whether it’s minors or majors I want a manager that communicates well and is able to adapt to the new league,” he noted, hinting at the recent expansion changes and influx of new minor leaguers.

“I think that’s what most players want. Like I said, I don’t need to be in the finals in my first season – but I do put a solid foundation and significant draft potential very high on my list. I want to be competitive every season I’m in my prime, and I want a team that will want to keep me for most of my career. No mercenary nonsense. I don’t care about contract as much as a competitive, loyal team.”