AJ Axelsen Interview

littleboi

AJ Axelsen Interview

How does it feel to be playing in the VHLM this year?

Honestly it feels great to be playing in the world's second best league, it's what i’ve always dreamed of doing. I think that I could become way better because my stats were very bad this season and there are a lot of areas where I think I need to develop my skills and I feel I wasn’t able to do enough for my team this year.

How has playing with Halifax this season affected your growth as a player?

I think that with Halifax I have really learned a lot about the game from the veteran players on our team and also from the coaches and GMs. I think that I am extremely lucky to be playing for Halifax as they are not only one of the best teams in the VHLM but they also have an extremely accepting locker room with lots of help for a rookie player like me.

In the upcoming draft where do you think you will be selected and which team would you like to join the most?

In the draft I feel like I have a fair shot at being a fifth or sixth round pick only because there is so much talent in this draft and there are so many players out there who are way better than me. I would love to be selected by the expansion team Malmo not only because it is an expansion team but also because it is in my homeland of Sweden and it would feel familiar playing there instead of in North America.

How do you feel about Halifax’s chances at winning the Founder’s Cup?

I feel like we may be able to win this next series against Minnesota if we just keep our head in the game and we continue looking good in front of our goalie Chase who has been phenomenal this year in getting us to the point that we are now. Minnesota will definitely be a tough matchup because they have seemed to be unstoppable during the regular season stealing the top spot from under our noses but they have also played great during the playoffs so far. We need to up our game for sure because we almost gave up the last series versus Houston.

How do you think you are going to do in the VHLM season next year?

Next year I feel like I could become a lot better player and I think i could end up playing as a second liner who may hit anywhere between 50-60 points. Next year I hope will be a lot better in terms of my ice time which was considerably less because I was playing fourth line minutes. I think I may be able to become a top 20 player for assists and a top 50 player for points in the next season.

How do you feel after winning the game seven against Houston?

It feels very good to win this game especially after two straight losses and I think we have some momentum following this game seven victory and I think that we should be able to carry this success into the Founder’s cup final.

536 words

claiming for 4/21