Jagr gearing up for the draft.

Shawnomir Jagr is getting ready for the VHL Entry Draft which has yet to be announced. It should be taking place soon as the finals have been played. It has been a long offseason for Jagr as his team the Saskatoon Wild missed the playoffs by 4 or so points. Jagr has been contacted by two GM's so far and has a fair idea of where he might be going in the draft. Expect a mid 1st round pick. It would be hard pressed for him to go ahead of the big two and 3rd overall might be a stretch. This would be around the average area my players have gone in the draft as my highest 3 players, Shawn Muller, Shawn Gretzky and Shawn Brodeur have all gone 4th overall in past drafts in which I had a player.

I would expect Jagr to be no different and fo around 4th overall, if not at least the first round and like he proved in the VHLM Dispersal Draft, Jagr will be a steal. How crazy is it to think that Jagr went in the 3rd round, 18th overall in the VHLM Draft? What a steal he turned out to be for the Wild putting up 50 goals and 100 points. Do the VHL GM's tread carefully because of my last player? Probably should but I mean, goalie sucks and I've have more fun with Jagr so far than any other player especially since I did the RP and Bio which I haven't done since my first player.