Rylan Peace signs 5M extension with Davos Dynamo.

Peace

DAVOS, SWITZERLAND -- The HC Davos Dynamo have secured their first line center for the vast majority of his playing career. Rylan Peace and the HC Davos Dynamo have announced they've come to terms with one another. The first two seasons of the new contract will be a five million dollar cap hit for the Dynamo, while the remaining three will be a league arbitrary value ruled by the leagues collective bargaining agreement that will likely award Peace up to six or more million per season by the time arbitration is required. 

Rylan Peace did not ask for a no-trade clause with this contract, and resigned with the team without it being visible in the paperwork, so Rylan Peace can still be traded away from the HC Davos Dynamo at any time during the contract should the Dynamo come into salary issues. Baring any moves that result in him being traded away from the Dynamo, he'll likely play with the club until S70. It should be noted that the contract has a players option for S71, which will be Peace's final season in the VHL unless the league changes the maximum amount of seasons a pro can play. 

"I've gotten everything I asked for," Peace said. "Shawn and I have a great working relationship. I came here and switched to centre after a brief conversation, signed a team friendly and long term extension to be with the club for the majority of my career. I've worked on aspects of my game he wanted me to work on and it's been beneficial for us both."