Nielsen preparing for the VHL

solas

For many, the VHL and VHLM drafts are always a highlight of the offseason.  Many players make the next step in their careers at this point - either into the VHLM or the VHL.  The recent recruiting class has drawn some attention to the depth of the recent S66 VHLM Dispersal Draft, but the draft that many will have their eyes on is S66’s VHL Entry Draft.  Nearly 100 players will be of interest to GMs in the upcoming draft - with multiple elite, generational talents available at the top of the draft such as Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Shane Mars, and Julius Freeman.  Another player who will be greatly looking forward to the draft is Minnesota Storm defenseman Aron Nielsen.  Nielsen appears likely to go in either the late first or early second round depending on team need; his likely draft position could fluctuate based on whether or not teams will be looking to pick up a defenseman.  

“This is big, both for me and the many others who will be selected,” Nielsen said in a recent interview.  “Obviously, I’m looking forward to seeing where I end up.  There are a couple teams I’ve been in contact with, and some others that I suspect could be interested in drafting me, so I have a general idea of where I’ll go.  The recent trades have made things slightly harder to predict, so I can’t wait to see how things turn out.  I’ve been working out and practicing a bit as well to get my mind off everything, so I’ll be ready to make the immediate jump to the pros for whoever drafts me.”