Pre-draft talk with Aaltonen

GRZ

This morning it was announced that the S66 VHL Entry-Draft will be held saturday at 5.30EST, we sat down and talked to Mikko Aaltonen, who is projected to go top5 in the draft, and got his opinions on the draft.

Greetings Mikko, how are you today?
Hey there, I'm good thanks for asking, had a nice morning workout session just now, you know have to prepare for the VHL, things will not be easy there.
About that, how are you feeling entering the draft, nervous... excited?
Definitely excited, I guess you could say a bit nervous too, but of the good kind, I'm anxious to see which team drafts me and gives me a chance to prove myself.
Have you got your eye on some team that you'd like to get drafted by?
Not really, and given the fact that I'm projected to go as high as #4, I don't think there are that many scenarios as to where I could land.
What are you looking for in teams that could draft you?
Most definitely a GM that has a plan for me, I don't want my career peak years wasted, waiting for the 'perfect' opportunity, all I want is to play hockey, contribute to my team and obviously win the cup and many of them at that.
What's your main goal that you want to accomplish in your whole VHL career now?
As I already said the cups are all that matter to me, but there's one thing that I will fight for too, after I'm done with my career, I want my jersey number (#96), retired, I don't think there's a more honorable action than that.

Edited by GRZ