Waiting on a draft....

(Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin) We had a chance to catch up to Bert Meyers the other day outside his local hockey rink when we asked him his thoughts on the upcoming VHL draft and where he thought his hockey future might continue. With no hesitation he had the following to say, "A guy could really forget how to skate in the off-season here in the VHL waiting on draft day and trying to find his new hockey home. Aside from the practice time I'm able to get in on my own with a few of my fellow friends, it's rough trying to stay sharp on the ice with an off-season that seems to run damn near as long as the season itself. Aside from the delay in the draft I am stoked for that night to finally roll around and find out exactly what sweater I am going to be wearing here for the foreseeable future here in the VHL. As far as teams I'd prefer to play on I can honestly say that I have no preference whatsoever and just look forward to the opportunity to show the league what Bert Meyers is made out of and hopefully help carry my new team and family to a future CUP! As for now I'm going to go lace up the skates and see if I remember how to skate! Peace!!!

221 Words