Doyle on VHL Draft

zepheter

The heavily anticipated S66 VHL Draft transpired on Saturday evening. With the league growing quickly, there is plenty of up-and-coming talent to share. Of the eighty picks in the draft, eleven of them were used to select members of the current VHLM Philadelphia Reapers roster. Two of which are joining the Calgary Wranglers. I caught up with left-winger Dylan Doyle today about being drafted, as well as what it meant to be drafted with his teammate, right-winger John Frostbeard and the chance of playing with him in the VHL: 

"It was exciting to be drafted in the VHLM, but it is nothing like the VHL draft because it will likely be the place I stay for a majority of my career. Whereas, the VHLM is so short-lived. Right now I just need to take advantage of the time I have to develop my skills and enjoy playing with my current teammates. It's looking good for us this season, so we're just going to stick with our plan of action."

"John is a pleasure to be around, and that's why we chose him to be our team captain. You always know when he's in the room, and he's one of the nicest people I've met so far. He really cares about us and he's even willing to take on second line minutes for the better of the team. It would be great to build chemistry with him this year by playing on the same line, so we'll see how that works out. "