random quote #32

hedgehog337

The off-season themed quote continues. 

I think I did more trades than in any other ones. I counted 9 trades in total which makes my off season a very active one. I'm usually not making so much deals. But this time, I had to do. Some of trades were cap related and some of them were about picks. The cap problem was a big thing for almost half of VHL teams as Vancouver, Davos, NY and me had to do extra deals right before the season. And to this day, the Americans still have a problem which isn't allowing Paolo Nano to step on the ice. At the end of the day, our team ended up with a good result. I basically swapped older players with younger ones, such as Gucci Garrop and Chico Smeb while only losing a couple of minor picks...and getting some of them back from other teams. So our off-season was productive and I do hope the transition from older to younger players will be as painless as possible. 

The season also started well for us. 8-1-1 so far gives us a first place in regular season. Our schedule was not very hard though. Three out of 10 games were against rebuilding teams and two more against NY who's having problems with cap (hence lines are not ideal for them as well). 

2 TPE goes to Randoms.