Storm Not Happy With Jenton's Ad Partnership

It seems that the excitement Boone Jenton had in announcing his new collaboration ad campaign has now transformed into concern. The official details still have yet to be announced, however, with the leaked photo that was found and quickly spread like wildfire many people seem to be in the know. Among them, is the Minnesota Storm's front office who don't seem very happy about what they have seen so far. 

For those who may be living under a rock, the image in question is included here:

2124832851_JentonAd.jpg.67682f8e0b54310e16837720a352b212.jpg

Judging from the context, the company that Boone is working with is an alcohol manufacturer named E & J Gallow Winery that is most noticeably known for it's malt-based flavored beverage line 'Boone's Farm'. It can be easily understood why the two parties have gotten together since Jenton has been very open about his upbringing and his family farm that shares the same name as the line of alcoholic beverages. E & J Gallow could also be trying to tap in to Jenton's rising stardom and his following of young, alcohol drinking, males. Although the collaboration does seem to make perfect sense, it is not without it's critics. Most notable among them is Jenton's own organization, the Minnesota Storm.

Now again, we still haven't heard much from any party involved, but our inside reporters for the Storm have gotten a short statement from a PR representative from the organization,

"The Minnesota Storm organization does not share any beliefs or stances of any single one of the players. We have seen the news that has recently come to light with our player Boone Jenton and we are taking the necessary steps to resolve the situation internally. We are not prepared to discuss things further at this time."

Unfortunately this was all we were able to draw out of the Storm organization, but there has been hearsay about specific issues that are being brought up. The most glaring oversight in this whole situation is that Boone Jenton is still not of legal drinking age in the United States, which is not illegal, but could easily be frowned upon. It is also understood that the Storm want to distance themselves from the idea that they may be trying to promote alcohol to their young fans. Both of which are very understandable issues to have. 

Our team has also had a chance to get a hold of Boone Jenton and his advisors for a statement,

"I want to first say that I did not intend to offend anyone with this campaign. I thought this would be an amazing opportunity and the deal just seemed right, I can see now that there may have been some oversight on my end and I should have cleared this with the Storm organization. I am fully cooperating with the guys upstairs in order to find the best way to make everyone happy. We may have hit a road bump, but I still think this whole thing will still work out. As for now I am going to focus on performing my best on the ice for the team and not let this effect how I play."

We shall see how this all plays out, but for now Boone's mainstream dreams may be on hold.