Mark Gbauer explains his off season routine

Sova

"I try to spend my offseason according to my schedule. I worked with our coaches and our GM and we came up with a plan that makes sure I can relax for a while but still return to the game with the necessary speed. Some players like to take vacations or just don't practice at all I dont do that I try to keep putting in the same amount of hours but lowering the intensity and replacing some of my less beloved exercises with the ones I enjoy more. For example, instead of skating rounds and rounds I go to a rink and play pick up with some of the guys from the team. I especially enjoy to take some of the younger players along with me as they otherwise often tend to just sit at home and not do anything. This allows me to stay in shape and return to my form quickly while also minimizing the risk of injury and to be honest, I think ill never get tired of hockey so burn out is not a problem that I will be facing any time soon. Last season was a bit of a slump for me and I hope to return stronger than ever and my offseason is gonna play a huge role in that."