Playoffs

diamond_ace

So I'm admittedly a bit surprised that the VHLM playoffs have been as chalk as they have been so far. Usually you can bank on an upset or two in the first round at least, but every team that was favored in the first round won. Additionally, Philly is winning their second round series against Saskatoon (I'm on Saskatoon, would be nice to get a series win, but it always seemed like beating Philly was just one step too much for us) and they were the best regular season team, so no upset there. The only semi-upset is that it looks like Ottawa will be beating Halifax in the second round, and Halifax were technically the favorites although they only finished with one point higher than Ottawa. Pretty boring result to be honest, but at the same time, I don't so much mind it - it's always heartbreaking to be on a top team and gear up for a playoff run only to have that dashed at the last minute, so I'm excited in a way for the Philly players who kind of admittedly deserve this, and for the Ottawa and Halifax players with the excitement of what should have been a close series although it's not turned out that way - frustrating on my end though as a member of Saskatoon.