May's Mentor Excells

Owen May's season ended in disappointment. The Moscow Menace were eliminated from playoff contention with many games remaining on the season schedule. The season was a rollercoaster for the Menace. For most of the season the Menace were the highest scoring team in the league. They ride a high flying style that also had them in the top 3 for most goals allowed. The beginning of the season started as predicted as the Menace struggled to find wins. Towards the halfway point of the season, they found themselves connecting wins which put them in contention for a play off spot. However, it was too little to late as the Menace began to struggle again and we're eventually eliminated. 

" Obviously it's hard to be positive with how or season ended but we're talking the right strides to be the team everyone is talking about at this time next year. Next year if we can do something special these past two years mean nothing. All will be forgiven and we will talk of a bright future. If we lose we're in a deep hole and our future is perceived to be dark and disastrous."

Though weary of next season, May has emerged as the best rookie goalie this season. He's also shown he had the work ethic to be one of the best for future generations.

"I was uneasy about joining the VHL over the NHL. I wasn't sure if my family would like the decision and I wasn't sure if I would either. However, the Houston Bulls welcomed me with open arms and the GM was very friendly and sold me on the league. Alexander Pepper was a great GM and a better goalie coach. He spent alot of time with me on the ice and helped me become the goaltender I am today. His work ethic is unmatched and he's always been in conversation for the top goalie in the league. While I still hope to one day form a tandem with Pepper, I'd really like to take advantage of the chance I've been given and lead Moscow to the cup. If we have to face Helsinki on that run, so be it. I think it would be a highly entertaining series with our high octane offenses and the competition of myself and Alex."

May spoke highly of Pepper and though confidentiality is taken seriously here. May was very open about the assistance Pepper has provided. When asked about supporting his former mentor May responded enthusiastically.

" Right now I'm 100% behind Helsinki and Pepper. He's one of the best goalies and they'll definitely need him to be on his game when/ if they match up with Riga in the following rounds. I think he'll be their key to success as well as their strong offense. Right now it looks like they're in line to storm through Davos and look like the best team in the field. My prediction is they'll go all the way and claim another cup to add to their trophy room."