Halifax GM on Getting Swept

Thranduil

Graeme from SPORTSNET: Thanks for being here Aran. I know it isn't a great time for you right now. You must be feeling pretty disappointed at the moment.

Aran Thranduil: Yeah for sure, frustrated. It really stinks to put so much effort in, and come away with nothing, but at the same time, I'm used to it. I've had to do a lot of losing in my career, but this one is definitely the hardest loss I've ever dealt with.

Graeme from SPORTSNETWhat do you feel went wrong for the team in the series, through the first 3 games, as well as here tonight?

Aran Thranduil: Honestly, what the hardest part about this is that I don't feel we did a lot wrong. Maybe we could have been a little better to start the series off, with that first period that we had in game 1, but I felt we improved throughout that game, and I didn't think it would affect us going forward. I could tell the team was feeling better in game 2, and once again we had a big performance from Burn, but I think the turning point in the game, possibly in the whole series, was when ACL TEAR scored that stinker of a goal with 2 minutes left in game 2. That was deflating for the entire team. And then of course when they scored that goal in overtime, it was the cherry on top. We went into their building with no wins, and I guess desperation got to us, but I still thought the team played good honest hockey. Game 3 was a heart breaker, with Ottawa coming from behind again to win in overtime. Definitely felt we outplayed them in that game, just unfortunate we couldn't hold onto our lead. And then I think having 2 overtime games in a row go against us, made it that much harder for game 4. Had the first 3 goals today, but then I guess déjà vu set in and we lost our lead once again. It sucks that every game was so close, yet it shows the result as a sweep. I'm very proud of the effort the team put in, and I'm sure we'll be back next year, like we always are.

Graeme from SPORTSNET: Aran, thanks for your time.

Aran Thranduil: Thank you.