Hackett: "The moment we start disrespecting any team is the moment we lose the season."

Renomitsu

Riga, Latvia - After a few trades in the off-season, some have been quik to write off Davos and their manager Shawn Glade, arguing that making the playoffs would be an accomplishment this season. Unfortunately, many Riga Reign players and management know this ploy all too well.

"How far down are we in the post-season series?" Hackett asked rhetorically. "I don't think we can ever write Davos off as far as I'm concerned. They're still a professional team and have plenty of great players. The moment we start disrespecting any team is the moment we lose the season."

At this point in time, it's hard to say exactly where Davos stands in the league. While likely to be better than the full-rebuilding-mode Seattle Bears, it's unclear what the team's goal is right now - and since information is so valuable in this league, maybe that's exactly what Glade wants. Oftentimes managers will commit, and commit hard to either rebuilding/stocking up on draft picks, or entering a win-now mode.

"When it comes to why the moves were made, I have no idea. I thought they were in pretty good shape at the end of last season and then they offloaded a bunch," Hackett continued, "Could they have taken the European Conference from Helsinki or be better than us, guaranteed? Nothing's certain in this league. We'll give them a run for their money no matter what."