Is Aston Martin a Certified Goon?

Sullvino

VHL.com

Rookie Aston Martin of the Davos Dynamo has had quite the interesting start to his VHL career. The second-line center was held pointless for the first handful of games in the VHL, but is beginning to find his stride. Coming off a 2 goal game yesterday, Martin how has a respectable 2 goals and 2 assists in his 7 games played so far in the big leagues. The most surprising stat line for Martin, however, is his Penalty Minutes with a team leading 22. Almost half of these came in one game against the Seattle Bears where he fought Valeri Morozov and Hulk Hogan in the first period, spending half the period in the penalty box serving a pair of majors. Martin was never known for this style of play when he played for the Ottawa Lynx in the VHLM last season and posted a 100 point season. Which leads to the question, is Aston Martin now a VHL goon? We caught up with him to investigate.

"Quite frankly the Seattle boys were pissing me off a bit and we were chirping in warmups. Morozov asked to welcome me to the VHL with a fight about 5 minutes into the game and I couldn't say no. He's a big boy, I think 6'6 or something, but he's as soft as Charmin. We exchanged a few good ones, obviously I had a size disadvantage, but I think I did well. I served my five minutes and then Hulk Hogan starts jawing at me. Another 6'6 guy who thinks he's tough fighting someone half a foot smaller than him. So once again I dropped the mitts and had a similar outcome. Likely scored as a draw. Back in Ottawa last year I worked a bit with ACL TEAR on fighting technique because that dude is a mutant. I'd like to think those lessons paid off."

Valeri Morozov and Aston Martin fight to a draw at 6:52 of 1st period
Hulk Hogan and Aston Martin fight to a draw at 14:11 of 1st period