Palo shines [1/2]

jRuutu

OgMeId5.png?1

Vancouver Wolves has been a mysterious team so far in the season, at times extremely active hockey with a lot of shots fired, but scoring with those shots has been tough. The biggest missers have quite surprisingly been Louth and Palo, both have over 100 shots in 15 games,  disgusting totals especially when you look how many of them go in, Louth at 7.5%  and Palo 8.5%. At the same time, teams they play against seem to get results with a lot fewer shots - Kingfisher in net has not been as good as many hoped before the season started, young Eagles have been the better goalie and many are hoping to see him on the ice more in the future.

There have been some good moments in Vancouver's season though, one example came last night when Vancouver played against Riga and won 6-0, scoring was deadly and Kingfisher in net could not be beaten. The biggest star in the game was Rauno Palo with 2+3. I met him after the game and asked a few questions from the first star of the game:

Rauno, congratulations on a great game and win, how does it feel?
RP: Thank you, right away I want to apologize from Riga fans and fans of hockey who watched the game, I was too good today and ruined the game. I tried to shoot the fifth goal wide, but that is borderline impossible for me - I just shoot and they go in, nothing you can do.

I saw you shaking hands with the Riga players after the game, what was that all about?
RP: Yea I staid behind and went to chat with a couple of the Riga guys, mostly to say sorry for making them look so bad out there, but also offered them a chance to shake my hand if they wanted, a couple of the guys took the offer - it was a nice moment.

Talk about Vancouver's season so far, is this the point where everything changes?
RP: I think so, this was a big win for our guys, been tough few games and of course the season so far has been unlucky, we have played so well in so many nights, but ended up losing, it´s been tough when the shots don´t go in, but winning like this is a big confidence boost. We need to take one game at a time and forget what has happened so far, need to work hard every night and every shift, the goals, and results will come, we got too much potential and goal-scoring talent to keep losing games with the shot totals we have put up.

Vancouver will fly to Riga right away and play against the Reign again, what kind of game you expect?
RP: Tough game no doubt, their fans are really loud and the traveling even if it´s the same for both, but going back home to play is bit different still, so I´m expecting Riga to come in hard and want to play a better game than they did today.

Thank you Rauno!

Review: Good in depth read about Vancouver and Palo, and very easy to read with your layout. I can appreciate those who take time to gather some statistics to write with in their articles.