Yukon Rush:A Fresh Look of New Hope [1/2]

Jbeezy76

New Goalie

After finishing 9th place last season Yukon made some big changes in the offseason. Goalie Justin Cole departed and "A Red Guy" has replaced him in a great way! The new goalie is having a great start of season 67. His record is 5-1 with a  .878 save percentage and a 2.31 GAA. On the other side, Justin Cole is having a phenomenal start also. He is 7-0  with .941 save percentage and a 0.99 GAA, and he is leading the league in all three. 

New Forwards

(LW) Brendan Plunkett: is leading the team in goals with 6 Gino's and also leads the team with 12 points.

(C) Frans Eller: is finding great chemistry with Plunkett and (RW)Draven. Eller has 8 points with a + 7 and 11 hits.  Frans and Eller have been feeding off each other tremendously with their slick skillful puck play. Neither is wasting any chances to score.  

(RW)Erik Draven: has found a way to clear a path for his linemates with his physical play and strong forecheck. He leads the team with 16 hits and also leads the team with a plus/minus rating of +9 which is tied for 1st in the league. 

(next article I will highlight 3 more new forwards)

New Defense

Wolf Stansson Jr: has been leading the way on defense. He has provided not only solid defense but has been surprisingly offensive to start his first full year. He has 11 points(3g 8 a) and leads the team in assists. Wolf also has 2 Powerplay goals and 1 Game winner. Yukon has actually struggled on the PP going only 8 for 35 in 6 games. But their Penalty Kill has been superb by killing 8 out of 10 of their opponent's Powerplays. 

Lance Flowers: is showing his size out there 6 ft 7" 244 lbs! Currently, he is 2nd on the team in hits with 15 Kronwall's. You will also notice his courage when blocking shots, he has 5 blocked shots which is 2nd best on the team behind (D) Andrej Petrovic who has 6. Lance has 6 points (6A) his six big helpers. Flowers only drawback has been his ability to land himself in the penalty box as he leads the team with  PIM's. But he makes up for it with his great penalty killing and special teams when out on the ice.

Andrej Petrovic: at 18 yrs of age Andrej has never looked so calm and collective out there. Showing a focus and determination that is usually only seen by players that we consider "seasoned veterans."He has been contributing by using his strength and still making important passes that lead to big goals. Petrovic has 10 hits and 6 blocked shots. He has progressed a considerable amount just in this six-game span.No telling what we will see from him in the future. The future is bright and he has a great chance to keep steady minutes if he keeps up the hard work and maintains his physical presence for the entire season. Another plus he has on his side is he has yet to be penalized. 

Odds to win 

Given their early success, Yukon has a strong shot at winning the division if they can get past their old goalie?

Season 67 VHLM Regular Season
Team GP W L OTL P GF GA Diff Streak
Minnesota Storm 7 7 0 0 14 26 7 19 W2
Philadelphia Reapers 7 5 1 1 11 28 17 11 L1
Ottawa Lynx 6 5 1 0 10 28 18 10 W1
Yukon Rush 6 5 1 0 10 23 14 9  W4
Halifax 21st 6 3 3 0 6 20 16 4 W2
Houston Bulls 7 2 3 2 6 19 23  -4 W1
Saskatoon Wild 6 3 3 0 6 21 21 0 L1
Las Vegas Aces 6 2 4 0 4 17 21 -4 L2
Mississauga Hounds 6 2 4 0 4 10 23 -13 W1
San Diego Marlins 7 1 6 0 2 14 27 -13 L3
Mexico City Kings

Thanks man. .I actually wrote this last week but I had to re post it cuz I couldn’t claim it then. When I wrote I didn’t realize I was already claiming a graphic. So I will have to do a more up to date one next time. Lol? 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Yukon Rush:A Fresh Look of New Hope [1/2]