Dan Wilinsky interview at first Titans practice

oilmandan

Dan Wilinsky arrived in Helsinki this evening after the blockbuster deal that brought him from New York was finalized. It was no secret something was brewing between the two, there had been smaller deals in the offseason between the two, while they danced around a larger deal that eventually did come. 

Wilinsky was eager to get on the ice and join his new teammates already deep into practice. Although torn about having to leave New York after so many seasons, Wilinsky said about your new start

"It was a good time for a fresh start. We weren't having a great season and I knew the writing was on the wall. They were going in a new direction with younger guys leading the way. It'll be fun to come here and be right in the thick of a playoff race from day 1. I've competed against a lot of these guys since the minors so it'll be a nice change being on their team finally. Plus I always looked up to Matt Thompson, so that's a bonus to get to play with him

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, oilmandan said:

Plus I always looked up to Matt Thompson, so that's a bonus to get to play with him

Aww schucks, you’re too kind ☺️