Moving to Minnesota [1/2]

MacH

Hi everyone, thank you for coming to check oht my little post a simple post about my move from the United Kingdom over to Minnesota in the US. 

Obviously it all started with hockey, I have been playing since I was 11 years old I fell in love with the sport at a younger age, following the ducks as my favourite team for as long as I can remember, as some of you may have already guessed this came from the Disney film which I watched when I was a kid and found the comedy mixed with the sport an incredibly good combination which created a film that I love. 

Anyway I played hockey since I was 11 and was drafted for the Minnesota Storm at age 16 which I see as an incredible opportunity to further my career. As soon as I got the call letting me know the spot in Minnesota was confirmed, I quickly dropped my bad habits and improved my diet with little to know thought, removing all unhealthy snacks and junk food, replacing them with things such as fruit and cereal bars. This coupled with increased practice and gym times including weights, swimming and more cardio based exercises, as well as skating drills regularly. My body has improved in no time at all. I feel this is an incredibly important step in my career.

Since arriving in Minnesota I have made sure to maintain/increase my gym and practice times as necessary. I have taken a little time to explore the city, mostly checking at local tourist spots such as the Boundary Waters and Minnehaha Park, as a big fan of nature spots like this really peak my interest and fuel my need for exploration more.

Other than that I have been spending lots of times in the locker rooms and plan to start building relationships with my fellow team mates in hopes that we will all gel together and create an incredibly strong team. Practice drills with my teammates will be an interesting experience, I look forward to improving my game with players of the same or better skill level than me, I am also thinking about studying other teams and players in the league in an attempt to improve my game.

Things I need go look into would be upgrading my gear, currently I am just using a generic stick from a local store in the UK, I plan on doing some research on gear that I should test out, including sticks, helmets, pads and skates so if anyone has any recommendations on shops I should visit or gear that I should test out then I welcome your suggestions.

That's it from me for now, I hope you enjoyed reading my post and are interested in seeing, reading or listening to more content from myself, I plan to keep myself trainingc correctly and updating my media spots, graphics and other media in order to make sure my player is the best it could be.

Edited by MacH
Paragraph spacings