Interview with Van Lagen

VanCanWin

Rachel Snyder of the Toronto News caught up with Malmo rookie Trevor Van Lagen and asked him about his rookie season and life in Malmo.

Rachel: it has been a while since we’ve had you on! How have you been?

Van: I’ve been great! Thanks for having me again!

Rachel: How has your first season been so far as a rookie in the VHL?

Van: It’s been so much fun and I have learned a ton so far! The league is so tough.

Rachel: What are your thoughts on your production for the team in your rookie season?

Van: I think I’ve been doing well, considering that it’s my first year here after making the jump following just one year in the VHLM. I started out slow but I’ve been consistent for the rest.

Rachel: You’ve been getting a ton of penalty killing time this season, which is not something that anyone would have envisioned for you as a player. How does this speak of your improvements on the defensive side of the puck?

Van: Honestly I think it speaks more about the depth of our team and our GM’s attempts at getting everyone some ice time. I have definitely improved a lot on the defensive side though as well so I have been embracing this challenge.

Rachel: What is your expectations for the rest of the season?

Van: I hope I can improve on my production pace and continue to contribute offensively and defensively for our team. This year is about development and getting ready for what I hope is a breakout year for me next season.

Rachel: we look forward to continuing to cover your career and hope to catch up with you again sometime!

Van: Thanks for having me, Rachel!

294 words.