Yukon Rushing up the VHLM Standings

Cornholio

:yuk: 

After a somewhat slow start to the season (with limitations on their offense/goal scoring abilities), the Yukon Rush have been working their way up the standings with a quik flurry of goals while maintaining their stout defensive identity. It has been a nice sight to behold for the fans of the northernmost VHLM Franchise who had lofty expectations following the S67 VHLM Dispersal Draft. Over the last few weeks, Yukon has been able to jump over Houston and Halifax in the standings and into the Top-4. This is significant because the top four teams will receive home rink advantage throughout the first round at the very least. 

"We have definitely gotten better as a team. I think it was just a chemistry issue amongst us. We had to learn how to play together since I don't think any of us were on the same team last season, or if somebody was, they didn't tell me that. I knew all season long that our defense was going to be the strength of the team - but the offense was quite a bit of a challenge to come together as an unit. I mean, we were like near the bottom of the standings in terms of goals scored and that wasn't too long ago.

Now we're all the way up in the fourth spot. That's awesome. We are really clicking together right now and I believe we've proved ourselves to be one hell of a scary team to play against in the playoffs. We've beaten the top teams, so we know that it's possible. Our confidence is high and I'm looking forward to the postseason already."

Wolf Stansson, Jr. has been a big part of Yukon's improvements, as he is third on the team in points with 59 [16 goals/43 assists] and sports a +38 rating. If this doesn't make WSJ a high first-round pick, then I don't know what will.