Why the timing is right for Expansion

VanCanWin

Expansion drafts always come with suspense, with plenty of player movement, headlines, interest etc. Another thing that always seems to come with an expansion draft is the question “is now the right time?” I believe in regards to the VHL the answer to that question is a resounding “YES!”

When I played through my VHLM season I originally thought to stay a second season down so I could burst into the VHL scene as a rookie. After out earning my TPE at a rate that surprised myself a bit I decided to make the jump right away. I slipped in the draft but I was always right up there with the top earners of the class. There was no reason I couldn’t come in and be a factor from the start. 

What has held me back the most? Playing time. If I was getting second line minutes my numbers would be much better. I was buried on a second last place team on the third line, off my position at center no less! All season! 

This is nothing else but a clear indication that rosters were full and the talent level per team was at an all time high. Insert the perfect moment for expansion. This league isn’t slowing down in growth and we already have enough actives to fill two more teams so now is the perfect time to do this.

232 words.