Michael Johnson on Expansion

fonziGG

JT: This is James Timmons from the Athletic here with a quik interview with Michael Johnson coming out of practice in Malmo. Hello Michael!

MJ: Hello James, thank you so much for having me here.

JT: New came out a few days ago on the VHL getting 2 expansion teams for next season. How do you think this affects the league going forward?

MJ: Well, I think it's a great idea considering the influx of fantastic players coming through. The last 2 drafts have been incredibly deep and it looks as if this season is going to be just as deep. 

JT: Great. I'm wondering if you wish this was coming in your draft year.

MJ: Honestly, It would've been very interesting if it was. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how the draft would've went down. It's good to know who the GM's are going to be with Enorama being a former GM of mine in the WJC last season. He replicated this season with Asia and I think he's a great candidate. Diamond_Ace is also a great shout. He's one of the Commissioners of the VHLM and is incredibly intelligent in his job.

JT: Wow, sounds like you're quite informed on this topic.

MJ: I am. I think it's very important to stay on top of the league and know whats coming and whats not coming. I just can't wait for next season to come and see both these guys in action. It's a positive move on the league.

JT: Alright, thanks Michael. Good luck with the rest of the season.