Expansion Quik chat with Mikko

GRZ

We caught Mikko in between flights to finish the regular season, we asked him a question that has been asked a lot by the fans of the Reign.

Earlier this week, an article was published stating that with the 2 expansion teams joining the league, Riga is bound to lose a promising prospect in the expansion draft, are you worried at all?

Not really, no. Right now I'm focused on playing hockey and winning with Riga, the ultimate goal is the cup and I'm not letting anyone stop me, and on the expansion draft thing, I'm not really sure how that works, I haven't looked into it so I can't say for sure we are losing someone, but could be, given that 2 fresh teams are entering the league, they would need an immediate boost and a solid prospect might be what they need.
So not worried, but would u prefer to stay in Riga or get taken by an expansion team?
As I said before I'm only looking at the main goal - winning a cup, I don't care with which team it is, I'm always giving my 100% energy and dedication to whichever team I play on, and if its with Riga I'm happy, but if its with a different team nothing changes, but to the fans of Reign, I can't really guarantee anything, its upon the GM to decide which pieces he wants to keep and which pieces he wants to deal, and we all should trust his plan and support his decisions.

230 words, claiming on week ending 25/08, 2+1 theme week