Michael Johnson Journal #13

fonziGG

chris farley hello GIF

8/23/2019:

It's been a few days since I've written a journal to be honest. Recently, I've found myself to be lazy and wanting to watch Netflix in my spare time. I've been watching this show called, "Mindhunter" which is based on when the FBI first decided to study profiling which is awesome. Anyways, besides that, I actually wanted to take a step back and talk about Halifax today. It's been a few weeks since I've been introduced to the league as the new Interim-GM of the team. I want to start off and say thank you to everyone who has put belief in me, as well as many others who have helped me grow into the roles by teaching me important strategies. I've loved my entire tenure in Halifax so far from being a player to being an Assistant General Manager, to now being the Interim-General Manager. Halifax is my home, it's my baby and I hold the team incredibly close to my heart. Every single player I've come across has been determined, strong willed and have such great heads on their shoulders that I can't be not proud of them. Every. Single. Player. I just want everyone to know that I hope I can do justice to getting such an honorary role with such a fantastic organization. I hope to be as great as my predecessors.

Anyways, enough of that sappy stuff. It's offseason baby! Well, playoffs for Halifax but I'm not playing so you know what that means? It's time to get fat. Like, incredibly fat. Well, hopefully not physically but I'm not holding my diet back for two weeks. My first season with Malmo has been.... Interesting to say the least. I love the city and the GM and my teammates but we knew this season was a bit of a throw for our own skills. Granted, I think we're expected to get a top prospect in the draft and that we'll lose a few players in the expansion draft. That could also include myself. I hope not, to be completely honest, I think I've found a great home here in Malmo. A personal goal for myself is to be as strong as possible next year for a rebound year and hopefully push into a playoff spot. I want us to be as competitive as possible and impress everyone within the league. I'm also hoping to win the most improved trophy considering my stats this season have been below average. That's my goal, and I hope to achieve them.

Malmo has been incredibly welcoming of me and my family. They have such a strong fan base and I hope that I can prove myself in the bigs here. We have such a great set of personnel and set of players that I don't think I would ever want to leave here. I genuinely think Malmo is going to make me the best I can possibly be. I have full faith in ADV as the GM of the team. Let's do this for Sweden and for the city of Malmo.

Lets go Malmo!

Michael Johnson