Clements [1/2]

Esso2264

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 2:56 PM, Esso2264 said:

xMMi0y2.jpg

I appreciate your ambition on the jersey logo swap, and stock image layering. I do sort of like how the light source of the graphic kind of/sort of is reflected in the lighting of the render/focal point of the sig. You do indeed have a graphic here.

To summarize my critiques in jot-note form:

- The logo is not horizontally centered correctly on the player. You can easily use the jersey "collar" (nhl logo) to horizontally allign imo, and it needs to be shifted left by like 20 pixels. The perspective/skew change of the logo is pretty well suited to match the render tho, so gj

- Why is the graphic so huge? On desktop browsing of VHL, it doesn't scale and is unnecessarily large for use on an internet message board. Use like 500x500 dimensions or smaller for a "sig" style graphic.  Nobody setting this to their desktop wallpaper my g.

- When you layer stock images (like the red/blue "light specks" stocks you used) it's good practice to mask out the render's skin/features (or anywhere on the graphic where the 'light specks' stock looks bad).... Specifically, the render's left-eye where it is obvious and looks unnatural... unless you were going for a terminator 2 style look (im being sarcastic you obv. werent)

- I personally hate the 'corner lock VHL logo water stamp / network tv logo" technique, because of how overdone it is, and it's just another easy/quik crutch to "effort" , but it is what it is and you do you.

- The text is just off flying on it's own with no interaction with anything or a care in the world. Overlaying it on the render's shoulder tip would've looked more natural imo.

a p pr o v al g an g  but i'm not impressed and I sincerely hope my lack of acknowledgement for your work/artistic effort here makes you strive to become better and put better work out, forcing me to acknowledge you.