DRAFT ANALYSIS PART 4

ColeMrtz

Here we go, 1000 word VHL.com article coming right up. we've gone through the first three picks together, let's see what's going on at number four. It's the goddamn

:dav:HC DAVOS DYNAMO:dav:

The Veterans:

S62 - Jake Davis - 880 TPA - RW

//Davis is a powerhouse player, the second highest TPE on the roster this late into his career. It's hard to draft a replacement to such a talented, long term player, but the need is there with Davis' seasons running short.

S61 - Matt Thompson - 1009 TPA - LW

//Thompson is the essence of a true VHL star, staying past the 1000 TPE mark even at the end of his career. I may be wrong but I believe that down the line there is a HOF case to be made for Thompson's career. Another BIG pair of shoes to be filled by the incoming class.

S62 - Ryuu Crimson - 696 TPA - LW

//When a program sees the majority of it's core enter the end of their careers, it's a pretty clear indicator of rebuild on the horizon. Crimson may have not stayed at as high of TPA as our previous two vets, but at 696 TPA he's still a strong winger to be reckoned with. He also reveals the soon to be glaring hole in Davos' offense, as 3 wingers near retirement.

S62 - Shawn Glade - 677 TPA - D

//Shawn is also an integral part of Davos' program who's reaching the end of their days. With 4 vets the Dynamo have the oldest core of any team we've done analysis on so far, and what's most worrying is every veteran player is 600+ TPA, the mark of an effective player in the VHL. The program has to hope it's younger players can catch up quickly or Davos will feel the effects, hard.

The Inactives:

//Davos has 0 true inactives. There's a couple players that missed last week and some who are a bit patchy with updates, but the whole roster is technically active.

With a whopping FOUR players affected by veterancy or inactivity, Davos' active roster consists of:

S67 - Aston Martin - 460 TPA - C

S67 - Bjorn Scoringsonn - 421 TPA - D

S66 - Charlie Paddywagon - 599 TPA - D

S65 - Elasmobranch Fish - 590 TPA - D

S64 - John Madden - 789 TPA - C

S65 - Katie Warren - 585 TPA - RW

S65 - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen - 820 TPA - D

S64 - Finn Davison - 851 TPA - G

So Davos' non-retiree roster runs 1 RW, no LWs, 2 Cs, 4 D, and a goalie. of these 8 players 4 have passed the 600* TPE mark, 3 skaters and the goalie, leaving a pretty solid core behind to help build the program back up. however it also leaves a pretty evident hierarchy of needs:

1. WINGERS

You have a strong wing core NOW, but they're all about to retire. On the bright side you have 2 seasons to develop them into stronger players but you need that hole filled quik.

2. GOALIES

Build your next starter now. Davison is a solid goalie but he's a vet at the end of next season. If you can land a solid goalie to play backup for a bit he'll come into the starting position as a developed goaltender.

3. CENTERS

You have 2 decent centers, Madden is a really solid player, but like Davison he's a season from veterancy. Drafting now gives you a chance to build the replacement you're going to need when the time comes.

4. DEFENSE

I don't really need to explain this one do I?

After all that nonsense and blah blah blah at 4th overall the HC Davos Dynamo are likely to select:

:dav:TEEMU LEHTINEN JR.:dav:

Lehtinen isn't a huge stretch for Davos, sitting 6th on the board TPE wise and surrounded by defensemen. At this stage in the draft we will have likely seen the top 2 players off the board taken alongside Eller or Underyew, or maybe Flowers will stay on the board leaving Lehtinen the top forward at #4. Either way it makes the most sense for Davos to make this selection with 3 wingers nearing retirement and a distinct lack of the position on their depth chart. With the draft in an hour, here's my FINALIZED top 4 picks.

:mal:CONDOR ADRIENNE:mal:

:nya:FRANS ELLER/THORNY UNDERYEW:nya:

:sea:LANCE FLOWERS/REMAINING CENTER:sea:

:dav:TEEMU LEHTINEN JR.:dav:

Enough words, make me a VSN writer