This Week with David Wallace

Juddy

This Week with David Wallace

What a weekend for the talented young player from England. He was involved in two drafts.

With the 34th overall pick in the VHL draft the Prague Phantoms are proud to select David Wallace.

With the 18th overall pick in the VHLM the Las Vegas Aces are proud to select David Wallace.

Id be lying if I said I don’t love the teams I was selected for. Said Wallace after both drafts. He continued, I really wanted to play for Prague, I like the management there and the opportunity to be a cornerstone piece to a new franchise. Being back in Las Vegas l, where I started my pro career is great too. Again our management is top notch and the team looks to be really deep.

High praise from Wallace for both organizations and their management. Sources have confirmed that Wallace will not be joining Prague this season, he will remain in Vegas all season to help give him more professional experience and ensure he is 100% ready to make the leap to Prague next year for his rookie season.

Wallace and the Las Vegas Aces seems to be the team to beat in the VHLM next year, with 3 picks in the first round and two in the second, they acquired some of the best available talent out there. Along with a great GM and AGM to put forth a good game plan and line up the team looks poised for a long playoff run. Matt has also not shied away from making moves, last season it was trading away talent for picks, and this year it will be adding talent for picks to help them team on their run.

The other reason I am glad to be back in Vegas is because of the team we potentially have, we are going to be really deep and really good. I want a chance to bring a championship to the great fans we have here. Said Wallace

He will have a chance and it’ll be interesting to see how well Wallace does this season with the Aces. 

Prague is a different animal, being an expansion team likely means they will finish at the bottom of the standings this year, unless they go on a miracle run. That being said this team is very young and hungry for the future success. If this group can stay together and grow together we can very well see the birth of a dynasty. Their draft focused in on drafting young active players that have big upside. Wallace was drafted higher than his pre draft rank which means management liked what they heard from him in their pre draft interviews. Other teams had interest in Wallace and if Prague didn’t select him at 34 it was likely he was going in the next few picks. 

We we will see how Wallace does this season and in the future, he is a talented young player who is ready for a long and productive run in the VHL. We see him as being a future all star at the very least but time will tell. Will he take his money and run? Or will he put the time in the become one of the best the VHL has ever seen?