Nolan happy to make team Europe for WJC

studentized

Last season Nolan's name did not get picked and it bugged him. "I thought I was putting together a strong VHLM season and was hoping to squeak onto the World team roster. Was weird seeing all my teammates go and not me". 

This year is different; the right winger will represent team Europe. Despite having a lackluster rookie season with New York, Nolan will be counted on to score some important goals and log some top minutes in this year's tournament. "I'm hoping to redeem myself a bit since the VHL has been tough for me. The World Juniors should give me a chance to play with a score-first mentality again, something I've went away from this year playing in the bottom six in NY" said Nolan.

Some familiar faces will also be joining Team Europe. New York teammates Eller, Elmebeck and Gunnarason will all represent alongside Nolan. "I think it just speaks to how bright our future is in NY. We have a lot of young talent and we all really want to show just how good we are on an international stage". 

When asked about his hopes for this years tourney, Nolan responded "Bringing home a gold medal will make this entire year, and all the hard work that went into it, worth it. Anything short of gold would just add more disappointment". Look for Nolan to have a strong tournament.