It All Started with the ESHL

JeffD

It All Started with the ESHL

It is pretty well known that I have been in this league for a very long time, as long as it has existed. The league was originally started in part by my cousin Scott Campbell who was the one who got me to join the league in the first place. But this was not the first league I was an active member in, that was the ESHL.

The ESHL was a league that I joined in at some point in 2005 I believe. The simulation engine for that league was some year of the EA NHL series, maybe 2004, on a PS2. This made the simming and updating process very time consuming but the live sim threads were great to follow.

While the league was definitely small it had a tight knit group of members which I still have some of them as friends on various social medias. It had the Arsenault brothers, Scotty, my brother and myself, David Knight, Matt Defosse, Quik and many others.

There are still remnants of this league on the internet which I found recently which listed all of the teams as well as the rosters and it was a definite blast from the past. Names like the Caribbean Pirates and the PEI Rockets bring back some great memories of those days.