WSJ on VHL Year 2

Cornholio

Wolf Stansson, the Icelandic giant of a defenseman, had his rookie season with the Prague Phantoms end early due to being on an expansion team devoid of groomed veterans and a competent goaltender. 

“I haven’t even spent a single minute of my time checking out the VHL playoffs to be honest with you. Everything is just a blur man, you know? 72 games goes by really fast, I can’t recall any particular moments from my first year. I think I was really busy just taking in everything and experiencing the lifestyle of a VHL player. I’ll tel you this much - there are some hardcore MF’ers out here in the world.

But anyways, I’m off to prepare for Year 2. I would ideally like to focus on my passing, scoring, and strength. Just get myself into the hang of everything and become more involved in Prague’s offensive scheme carrying the back end of the rink.  I think the future’s real bright here in Prague and we are building something positive here for the team and for the fans as a whole. Just gotta keep on grinding and good things will come.”