World Cup in Flowers' Future?

CowboyinAmerica

:eu:  Flowers Looking at Western Europe Call Up? :eu:

New York -- With the VHL season over and the New York Americans missing the playoffs, defenseman Lance Flowers has been hanging out at home, beginning his preparations for Season 69. However, there may be more hockey in his future - and much more immediate than the start of next season.

Flowers has been contacted by the exploratory committee for the World Cup, telling him that he's on a short list of players eligible to play for Western Europe. And per an excellent analysis undertaken by @studentized, there's a chance that he very well could make the roster after his very first season.

If given the chance, Flowers would absolutely accept a call up to the Western Europe team, no matter what type of role he would play. "I think I could contribute; I've proven that this season," Flowers told VHL.com. "It's not just the U.S. and Canada that have hockey talent in droves, and I want to show that to the world."

Winning the World Cup for Western Europe wouldn't be anything new to the CIA agency - goalie Hans Wingate won his first two World Cups with Western Europe in S43 and S46. But to the agency, this call-up would be more reminiscent of S32. There, a young defenseman Karsten Olsen, without ever playing a VHL game, would be called up to a Scandinavian squad that not many were expecting to medal. But instead, that team had a miracle run to win the gold, with Olsen playing a major role. The agency hopes that history is ready to repeat itself once again.