Talib Closes Door for VHL Return

ngine4

Talib Finalizes Split from Hockey

The story that never should have even made the news has reached its end. Victor Talib, the 5-star recruit out of high school for football, basketball, and track, stunned the sports world a couple months ago when announcing he would take his athletic prowess to the world of hockey. The inexplicable decision dominated headlines for weeks, but the hockey leagues never truly got their grasp on Talib. It seemed as if the decision was more a publicity stunt than anything, as despite his promises to become a legend at the sport, there is no actual proof of him ever training on the ice. Hockey showed no interest in Talib as management was smart enough to realize skill and experience matter, while simultaneously Talib showed no interest in hockey as he never made efforts to improve at the game. Fans grew bored watching the meaningless and uneventful storyline of Talib entering the rink, and were not even slightly shocked when he declared a return to his actual talent in other sports. However, at the time, Talib seemed to keep the path for a return a possibility. That's over now. In a recent correspondence with him and his agency, the question of whether he would ever pursue a VHL career was met with an insightful answer of "Nah." When followed up with why, he simply answered, "I just really don't know anything about hockey. Most of the individual people I met in the league seemed alright, but the overall vibe and sport just never clicked with me. No shame for fans of the sport. It's just I didn't even know how to skate when I said I'd do hockey and it's time to stop the nonsense." Nonsense is correct, and this tired story can finally be put to rest.

*302 words