Gabriel and Leon, Reuinted [1/2]

DaftRaincloud

Gabriel and his brother Leon had declared for the draft together, and they had hoped that they would end up on the same team together when they were finally drafted. They feared they would not given their prestige and level of hype surrounding them when they entered the VHLM, but they were hopeful. Unfortunately their worst fears came to light when after Gabriel was drafted to Halifax Leon was then taken by Las Vegas, separating the two brothers for the first time in their hockey careers. Gabriel was more than happy to report to Halifax, of course. He had heard nothing but good things about the organization, however it was weird to take the ice and be on a line with players that were not his brother Leon. He got a few points, some goals, some assists, but he wasn't feeling the joy that he was used to feeling while playing and winning hockey games.

One day after a particularly grueling practice Gabriel sat by himself on the team bench, chugging water and breathing heavily from his strenuous workout. His coach skated off the ice and came over to sit next to Gabriel.

"What's up, you've been looking down out there."

"I just miss Leon is all." Gabriel replied sullenly.

"Well, I think I have something that might cheer you up," the coach motioned to the ice.

Gabriel looked up and saw his brother Leon skating towards him wearing a Halifax jersey.

"No way!" Gabriel skated out and returned to practice alongside his brother.

The next day, the brothers would be back on the ice playing together for the same team and playing on the same line.

Gabriel would win the puck along the boards. He looked up and noticed Leon streaking down the right side of the ice all alone. Gabriel whipped the puck down right onto his tape. 

Leon deked past an oncoming defender. One on one with just the keeper to beat who had come to the right side of the pipes with his glove up. Out of his peripheral Leon noticed the blue jersey coming down the left side of the goalie. He slang the pass across the crease right back to Gabriel on the give and go who sent the puck right into the back of the net.

The two brothers skated around the back side of the net and embraced in celebration as the goal horn rang out through the arena. Their team mates momentarily joined them in the joyful pile up.  

Halifax went on to win that game and their next as well. Gabriel and Leon had clearly gotten each other going on the ice and elevated each other's level of play beyond what it had been for them individually before. Halifax had gambled acquiring the two of them and they are hoping that their gamble will eventually pay off with more wins. With the Gutzwilers together the team saw a spike in popularity in Switzerland and jersey sales through the roof in central Europe. They had gotten non-stop calls about coming and doing a Swiss tour in the offseason so the fans could watch the team. Things were looking good for Halifax and for the Gutzwilers.

Review: I'm really happy to see the brothers united. It's nice to see how they've helped each other out on the ice, and contributed for Halifax. I like how you included some love from back home there at the end, and showed how influential they are in Switzerland. I hope to see them united once again in the VHL!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Gabriel and Leon, Reuinted [1/2]