Why do so many people keep asking Hackett official VHL concerns?

Renomitsu

VHL HQ, Earth - Over the last couple of weeks, Apollo Hackett has had to answer to fans for his conduct on -- and off -- the ice. With his new, less physically-intensive playstyle, the Riga journeyman has drawn some criticism for straying from his roots even though he's ostensibly had a better season than the last on an individual basis. But when you're working in the business of professional sports, that's to be expected: you can never make everyone happy.

What's more troubling for Hackett is how similar he looks to one particular league official: it's so uncanny that he's been getting questions about official league policies, and has even been pulled into a league board-of-governors-style meeting on more than one occasion.

"I don't really get it, but it's definitely odd," Hackett remarked with a big smile on his face. "People keep on asking me to 'Free Boubabi,' some say 'Buff Beav sent me here,' and others have just walked up to me and said 'sims' a few dozen times. Not exactly sure what they're on about, but those are the stranger encounters."

"Other times, an older-looking gentleman will stop me in the hallway and drag me along to some meeting or another. I still don't know who this Boubabi person is -- maybe he was in jail or something -- but apparently I should free him. Some will say I have 'decades' of experience, or that I have some 'wisdom' to dispense, but I just turned 23. What in the world do I know?"