rjfryman log #3 feat. Unsung Hero

rjfryman

Another week and another log to share whats going on. 

These things have been very therapeutic and helpful to make me feel more involved in the daily stuff. Still not sure if people care what I write but hell Ill keep writing them.

Unsung Hero

Honestly He might not be unsung but to me he is kinda unappreciated sometimes. Its a tough job being a GM of a winning team b/c every decision you make will be scrutinize. Every line change, Every trade. Even if it does make the team better if we don't go 72-0-0 and win the cup sweeping every team someone will be unhappy. Truthfully I wouldn't be surprised if someone was still unhappy since at the end of the day someone might not get the stats they want or in the course of it they don't get the minutes they want or even if you traded someone they like. Its a tough as job being the GM of a good active team but I'm proud of my GM. Thats also not counting all the other things that this person does. He is still part of the recruitment team that brought many new people into the fold. The last efforts were hard results but that doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. Now hes even a commissioner and working hard to make the league a better place. I know a lot of people joke that they want him banned and I know its a joke but I think some 100% positive stuff is helpful sometimes. Also these are all external things these don't count all the times where I feel like I'm not good enough and he helps me out. He gives great ideas and is just a fun person to be around. Also Thanks for the tour of your town.

Thank you for your work @Beaviss

WJC

The WJC just wrapped up and now comes the unfun part of updating every single stat in the tournament. Unfortunately we are also behind a few season's in the stats and b/c of that some of the super cool ideas we have to make the wjc better have to be put on hold until we got those stats up again. Shouldn't take too long. I was at my wife's parents house this last weekend and during the many hours of watching tv I was able to hack away at a few projects. Some of which since they are kinda similar to what I need to do in this case will make my life super simple in the fact that getting and setting up the data is the hardest part but with the code that i have it should be easier to do. Also it helps that I have a great partner in Acydburn who has been a great help with the WJC.

Updating

Wow this week/end has been crazy with the 12 days of Christmas. Im super interested in what the bench marks will be in 3 6 9 12 days of Christmas but honestly it has been a decent amount of updating. Been working hard to stick with my schedule but might sneak more time in after work from now on since i want to start crossing more things off my list and it always helps when the update queue is cleared.

VSN

Wow Super excited to be helpful to the VSN. I guess Im like a proper consultant now. They have not used the code that I have worked on yet but soon I'm expecting a good bit of articles to use my code since Im pretty proud of it and it does a good job. One section of the site that i'm running right now allows users to get info from a certain set of games. it will tell you how each team did during that range of games and also output the elo for all teams during that span as well as give you every player stat in that spread of time. super excited to also see the player comparison to be used more often. Hoping to see more ideas and requests to happen so that I can help them be the best vsn they can be.

Draft ranking

I was hoping to get the code working from the old stuff to get back on track with previous teams but the vsn got me all excited and i worked hard to get them all done. I still plan on doing this and hopefully it grabs me sometime this week and i knock it out. i feel bad for some of the classes whom have not had a proper send off. Ill get it done soon.

VHLM Mag

With the code i worked on for the VSN it makes writing the mag super easier now. I will probably write a thing this week so that i can have a program that makes VSN every week so i can stay on top of it.

Draft helpers

Still on the back burner 

Fun data driven tools. Working hard to get shit done for the vsn some of this got wrapped up in that. Hoping to get some help from a graphic person to make going to and getting access to these tools easy for anyone to use.

VHL:

Freeman is doing really well and is in a race for the Goals leader. Depending on the day he is in 1st or near the top. Hopefully he finishes the season strong and gets the trophy. He is neck and neck with HHH whom was once his #1 rival and kinda still is but has to work together to try and be the best combo in VHL history.