Unsung Hero-Vladimir Pavlov

leafsman

According to yourdictionary.com and unsung hero is defined as "One who does great deeds but receives little or no recognition for them.".  Based on the this definition Moscow GM Vladimir Pavlov @Victor is an unsung hero. Pavlov rescued defenseman Paolo Nano from a terrible contract situation that lead him to serious depression. This act of kindness has not been recognized until now. 

Nano had signed with New York as a free agent but then things didn't workout financially and the contract was voided.  As soon as that happened Vladimir stepped in an offered Nano a safe and familiar landing spot after the stressful experience.   If not for Vladimir Nano's career may have ended as he was extremely depressed from the situation.  

"Vladimir is definitely a hero in my eyes.  I dont know what I would've done without his help.  I'd most likely have been out of hockey and without hockey I can't say what my life would be like.   Depression is a terrible thing and I'm just grateful that he was able to help me break out of that.".  He gave me a reason and a purpose to wake up in the morning and for that I will be forever grateful.