Claimed:Milos Denis is Learning A Lot from VHLM Playoff Series

Tyler

Bern Royals & Turku Outlaws Tied At Two in Best of Seven

Slovakian hockey is always in a very interesting place. It's never good enough to be one of the top countries on earth, but it is also never a bad team at any level. Slovakia itself is only a country of five and a half million people and its new hockey hopes rest on the shoulders of one 17 year old teenager, Milos Denis. Recently, the teenaged Slovakian was assigned to the Bern Royals of the VHLM, though many wonder if that is simply a formality since it is unlikely he will get any playing time with the conference winners, the Royals. Indeed through two games of the Royals playoff run, the young Slovakian player has yet to see any action on the ice and is likely just a bystander until he is to be drafted by a VHLM Team after the season.

monarchs.jpg

The Royals and Outlsaws are tied at two wins a piece in their best of seven series.

The logic behind having Denis not play is simple; how can he fit in on a team as good as the Royals? Milos is a super talented player and would be among the most naturally gifted players on a team full of them, but he is not a coachable talent. He is the type of player who believes offense above all else and is more likely to try and dangle through the entire team than play to his teams actual strengths. As such, it would be foolish for any coach to insert Denis in to a winning lineup, as is the one Bern currently has. Though he may not actually play in the playoffs, Denis will no doubt be getting the experience he needs in order to be a significant contributor next season in the VHLM, and later on in the VHL itself.

By watching one of the best teams in the league, the 17 year old is able to see what it takes to be a winner, what it takes to instill a winning culture, but more than anything he is able to see the work ethic it takes to be a winner in the league. By watching minor league stars like Ron World Peace, Earl Parker and Matt Rielly, the young player is able to pick up on the things that make them the players they are, and that thing is work ethic. The three players are all good at different things, with Earl Parker being the pure sniper, World Peace being an all-around stud and Rielly being a play maker; however they all hold their work ethic as being the real reason they are where they are today.

Martin-Reway-Gatineau-Olympiques.jpg

So far Denis has only seen practice time, and it is unlikely he will play in the playoffs.

“Without working hard, I wouldn’t be half the player I am today. I didn’t wake up good at the sport I love, it took a long time to get to where I am,” said Parke, who has a 27 percent shooting percentage through four playoff games. “Hopefully the boys can help (Milos) Denis get along in the locker room and he can learn something from us in practice. He’s a talented young man and I hope he succeeds in his career like I know he can,” said Parker once again. Denis is practicing with the team and is usually doing individual drills with the coaches in order to ensure he remains alert with his time off from playing games. “I might not play again until next year, but I hope when I get the chance to play, I get to use the stuff I am learning right now in game,” said the Slovakian teenager while being interviewed after practice on Friday.

The Royals are currently tied in their series with the Turku Outlaws who are led by defenseman Vojczec Svoboda who has 15 points from the blueline in his team’s 9 games. The Czech defenseman is likely to be a top pick in the upcoming VHL Draft and he is showing exactly why in the playoffs. He is one of the top prospects in recent memory and will be a key contributor immediately to whatever VHL team selects him, but for now, his mind is focused on eliminating the regular season conference champion Bern Royals. “Being able to beat Bern in the playoffs is really all I care about right now,” said Svoboda in an interview with a Czech hockey magazine. “They are a really good team, but I think we can beat them. We’ve been growing a lot all playoffs long and I think at this point in time, we’re actually better then them, but I think we can leave all of the talking on the ice.”

Val-DOr-Foreurs-Jean-Francois-Leblanc-25

Turku has played some of their best hockey these playoffs, and sit tied with the Royals.

With the series tied at two, the Royals are facing their first real dillema of the year. They are used to blowing teams out, yet here they are, tied in a playoff series against a rival team. It will be very interesting to see how the entire roster reacts to the adversity and whether it may offer a chance for Denis to enter the lineup. However, I wouldn't hold your breathe on it, since their coach seems content to ride with the roster that got them to where they are, and really, with over 60 wins, can you blame him?

Content: 3/3 - Yeah, this part of the season can kind of suck for some recreates or new players. As you said though, at least Denis has the opportunity to improve his game and raise his draft stock come time for the draft.

Grammar: 2/2 - Just a couple little things.

VHLM Team = VHLM team

his teams = his team's

in to a = into a

Outlaws who are led by defenseman Vojczec Svoboda who has 15 points from the blueline in his team’s 9 games.  = Outlaws, who are led by defenseman Vojczec Svoboda. Svoboda currently has...9 games.

better then them = better than them

Editing: 1/1 - Bleu.

Overall: 6/6

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3 - Yeah, this part of the season can kind of suck for some recreates or new players. As you said though, at least Denis has the opportunity to improve his game and raise his draft stock come time for the draft.

Grammar: 2/2 - Just a couple little things.

VHLM Team = VHLM team

his teams = his team's

in to a = into a

Outlaws who are led by defenseman Vojczec Svoboda who has 15 points from the blueline in his team’s 9 games.  = Outlaws, who are led by defenseman Vojczec Svoboda. Svoboda currently has...9 games.

better then them = better than them

Editing: 1/1 - Bleu.

Overall: 6/6

How did you not catch the misspelling of Vojczek. twice? Good Head Grader we have...hahaha