Long Offseason Blues

Seabass

We managed to catch up with Seabass Perrin, defenseman of the Prague Phantoms are at a timbits minor hockey game in Red Deer, Alberta and he managed to answer two of our reporter's questions after the game.

Question #1: How do you feel about missing the playoffs yet again?

How do you think I feel. It's 2 years in a row now where we've missed the playoffs and I've had to twiddle my thumbs bored doing shit like golf while other teams were competing for the top award in hockey, the Continental Cup. I'm honestly over this, I wanna be playing for something here instead of being bottom feeders every year.  Next year we got to make the playoffs, we gotta come back better, and I myself have to be better. We gotta find a way as a team to just get her done.

Question #2:  You mentioned having to be better, what do you have to do in order to be better next year?

I stunk this year, I play first pairing minutes and barely even hit 20 points. That's well below my own standards and I've got to do everything I can to come back better next year and be more of a offensive contributor. I have to bring more than just blocking shots to the table, I gotta have more to my game to deserve those minutes out there.